Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Gospel: According to a Sports Guy: Part 1


What is one of the most important things when it comes to sports? To put it simple confidence. You got to have confidence in yourself and in your teammates. If you dont have confidence and think that you will lose. You will. Having confidence does not mean however that you cant put forth the work and practice required to win. For me having confidence in sports is knowing that you worked harder then the other guy. Knowing that your hard work is going to put forth results that are required with wining. Just like in sports how hard work and confidence are connected. Its like that with every aspect of our lives. 

One thing that i have learned on my mission is to have confidence. I have learned to lean more on god and trust in him. I have learned that if i am doing what i should be the results will come. I have confidence that if I choose whats right god will help me out. It is that simple. If we obey gods commandments he will bless us. when we run into trouble is when we only obey his commandments 90% of the time. Relating this back to sports its like only putting forth 90% of the effort. It would be like taking it easy when the coach isn't looking or doing one less set. It just dosnt work like that! why would god work like that? I love this scripture which is found in the Doctrine and Covenants. It reads: "There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated" (Doctirine and Covenants 130: 20-21.)

Just like how In sports we only get what we put into it. we only get from god what we put into it. does that make since? let me resay that. You want blessings from god? you got to obey his commandments. Like i said in my previous blog it is not enough to "Confess Christ" then to fall back into the ways of the world. That would be like having a one win season. thats not good.

Lets all have more Confidence in god and know that he will bless us. we just got to put forth the effort like an athlete does to his sport.

Any ideas or inspritinal stories for this Blog? send me an email at max.elmer@myldsmail.net or send me a message on facebook! www.facebook.com/max.elmer (also there is a link to my facebook in the top left corner of the blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment